Project implementation organization: “Livestock and Rural Development” Center (LRD)
Administrative Units (LAU), – Kuçova Municipality, at PerondiLAU and – Belshi Municipality, at Belshi and Kajanit LAU
Project goal: The goal of the project is to improve local government and agricultural services for farmers in Lushnje, Kucove and Belsh Municipalities and 6 Local Administrative Units (LAU)
Obj 1: The project will monitor and promote the transfer of new functions given to municipalities for agriculture under the new law no. 139/2015 “FOR LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT” in Lushnja, Kucove and Belsh Municipalities and 6 LAUs.
Obj 2: The project will raise awareness of farmers’ community through Farmers’ Associations on the importance of information and transparency for agriculture decisions, services and agricultural advice by 3 municipalities, and 6 LAUs
Activities: List the activities of this project
– Mobilization of three Farmer Associations and their information about the project
– Monitoring meetings in three municipalities and 6 LAUs
– The data and the necessary information will be collected
– Processing of data and information will be perform and the study will be finalized
– The study will be published
– A survey/poll will be conducted
– It will be organize a forum with participation of wide range of stakeholders
– A video will be prepared and will be broadcast on the Web of LRD and Face book
– 3 public debates will be organized in the local media
– One workshop will be organized and a document / regulations will be drafted, so that municipalities will realize the functions deriving from the Law on Local Self-Government and the transfer of functions from the line Ministry.
– Advocacy to undertake joint initiatives between Farmers’ Associations and LAUs.